Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Ramping up for a June release

The last feature has gone in (Quick Start - starts the player with a random party) and in keeping with my current six-monthly schedule I'm preparing to cut a release towards the end of the month.

In a sense it's the roughest release since the project began. The level ability progression feature is there but no character classes have data populated yet. Lots of refactoring has happened and there is no doubt lots broken. But despite all this I think this is the biggest step yet towards where I want the game to get to.

Time is a little short, as usual. This time I blame FTL Advanced Edition. But for a change I plan on trying to actually do some proper play testing myself before releasing it into the wild. This was the motivation for the Quick Start feature; it should make repeated testing parties much more fun to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment